Monday, September 30, 2013

Grandma



Some of my most favorite memories of Grandma was when she would sit us on her lap in the recliner and read books to us and use different voices for the characters.  I try to do that with my kids.  I don't think I do her justice!


There was one time when Grandpa was sort of chasing my sister and I with a horse that wasn't broke yet (for some reason, the fact that a horse wasn't broke yet put the fear in us).  We would squeal and try to get away.  He would tell us not to run or it would spook the horse.  Sister and I got smart and decided to hide in the house.  Grandpa brought the horse THROUGH the house!  I can still hear Grandma yell, "E.G.!!!"  


Spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's meant you got a HUGE breakfast in the morning with the little cinnamon and sugar donuts.  Can't find those in the store anymore, I sure wish I could!


I don't think I've ever heard her say a single cross word about any one.  Maybe one day people will be able to say the same about me!  (I got a ways to go:).


This precious Grandma is hitting a big birthday soon.  Can't wait!


I'm linked up for Sunday Snapshot with Ni Hao Y'all.  Click the link and check it out!


Ni Hao Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment